On August 22nd, the Crow Wing Trail was honored with The Great Trail Tour… a media event organized by Destination Canada and Travel Manitoba to celebrate Canada’s 150th and the connection of the Trans Canada Trail across the country. Journalists from Australia and Germany experienced the Crow Wing Trail from St-Pierre-Jolys to Roseau Rapids. Can’t wait to read their blog about us!
On Saturday, August 26th…. The connection of the Trans Canada Trail across Canada is being celebrated across the country. Communities will celebrate through large and small events. TCT Celebration Poster MB
The Crow Wing Trail Association encourages those from near and far to hike or bike a section of the Crow Wing Trail. The Trail is 193 km from Winnipeg to Emerson, and many points of interest and communities along the way can be visited in short stretches. Explore!
Visit Trails Manitoba’s web site, download The Great Trail app and/or visit our web site for more information about this region and plan your adventure with family and friends.
Trans Canada Trail promotional items are available at our partner municipalities during regular work hours on a first come, first served basis: Ritchot, Niverville, De Salaberry, St-Pierre-Jolys, Emerson-Franklin and Roseau River First Nation. Or you can contact their Recreation Commissions or the Ginew Wellness Centre.
And … if you take a picture while on the Crow Wing Trail on August 26th, email it to us at email@example.com with your contact information and get a free T-shirt.
Please be advised that the correct power point presentation with our 2017 AGM Report has now replaced the earlier incomplete version. Sorry for any inconvenience. Go to The Association – Annual Meetings – 2017 Annual Meeting.
Looking for an opportunity to take your horse out on the Crow Wing Trail? Well Ridgeville has a Trail Ride for you! On Saturday June 3rd, saddle up your pony and head to Ridgeville (on PR 218 northeast of Emerson). Once there, you can join a group heading down the Crow Wing Trail. A catered supper by Merv’s Pitchfork Fondue will be waiting for you at 5:30 pm. Please RSVP though at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204.712.5391 if you plan to ride, stay for supper or both!
To all our friends and supporters:
You are cordially invited to our 17th Annual Meeting
Where: Ginew Wellness Centre, Roseau River First Nation, east of Letellier on PR 201. Monday April 24th Doors open: 6:30 pm Meeting at 7:00 pm
2016 has been a very exciting year for us! Opportunities abound. Although details will be provided at our Annual Meeting, here are a few highlights:
- Development plan for section of Trans Canada Trail at Roseau Rapids First Nation.
- Creation of various Crow Wing Trail/Trans Canada Trail signs along the Trail including welcome signs at north and south entrances to our municipalities. To be installed in 2017.
- Completion of gaps identified by Manitoba Infrastructure as well as infrastructure repairs.
- Installation of Trans Canada Trail signs by Manitoba Infrastructure to identify access points.
- Design of historical and modern maps of Crow Wing Trail to be used as trailhead signs at 11 access points. To be installed in 2017.
- 6th time Hosting of Actif Epica, a qualifier for the Iditarod Trails Invitational in Alaska.
Hope some of you will be able to join us. West doors of the Ginew Wellness Centre will open at 6:30 pm and a meal will be served prior to the 7 pm meeting.
On Saturday February 18th 2017
Cyclists who wish to qualify for the Alaska race start in Emerson at 7:00 am and runners start in Ridgeville at 6:00 am. They are expected to arrive at The Forks at 8:30 pm and 5:00 am Sunday respectively! Can you imagine??? The classic race starts in St. Malo as usual at 6:30 and 7:30 am. The public is invited to cheer them on along the route or drop in at one of the checkpoints: Emerson Curling, Ridgeville Hall, St. Malo Arena, St-Pierre-Jolys Sugar Shack, Crystal Springs Colony, Niverville Arena, St. Adolphe Seniors Services (next to the RM Bldg). There are also Co-Actif Events taking place on the weekend in some communities along the way. Crow Wing Trail thanks the many local volunteers who are supporting this big and exciting event in our small rural communities!
Actif Epica recently announced that it has been accepted as an event qualifier for the legendary Iditarod Trail Invitational. This means that cyclists and runners who complete the longer stretches of 200 kms and 162 kms respectively on February 18th on the Crow Wing Trail from Emerson to Winnipeg, will now qualify to enter the Iditarod! This 2017 race in Alaska starts February 26 and is 1 week before the Iditarod Sled Dog Race!
This will make this race on the Crow Wing Trail the first (and only) event in Canada to serve as a qualifier and only one of 7 globally. (Others: Idaho, Wisconsin, Alaska, Minnesota, Finland, Norway)
We are looking for volunteers who would like to support this local event and show a warm welcome to participants from near and far. If you are interested, email us @ email@example.com for more information.
We have updated our web site to include the power point presentations given at our most recent annual meetings. Go to The Association and Annual Meetings to download. Feedback is always welcome!
- The Great Trail Tour September 15, 2017
- Celebrate the Trans Canada Trail on the Crow Wing Trail! August 22, 2017
- Crow Wing Trail AGM Report – correction May 12, 2017
- 2017 Annual Meeting Info May 11, 2017
- Ridgeville Trail Ride – June 3rd May 11, 2017
- Crow Wing Trail’s 17th Annual Meeting April 5, 2017
- From Emerson to Alaska via the Crow Wing Trail February 15, 2017
- Taking It All The Way To Alaska September 20, 2016
- Horse and Wagon Tour 2016 September 20, 2016
- Annual Meeting Presentations July 15, 2016