What`s Actif Epica? It`s a challenging self-supported ultra-endurance event in potentially extreme trail and weather conditions that has been taking place on the historic Crow Wing Trail since 2012! This year, 60 participants have already registered to either bike or run their chosen distance.
Actif Epica organizers have partnered with the Crow Wing Trail Association and the communities along the Trail to promote southeastern Manitoba and the health benefits associated with outdoor activity in winter.
Cyclists start in Emerson (200km) Saturday February 17th at 6 :30 a.m. Runners start in Ridgeville (162km) Friday February 16th at 10 :00 p.m. Those wanting a ‘shorter distance’ start in St. Malo (125km) Saturday at 5 :00 a.m.
The public is encouraged to cheer on the participants along the Trail or at the various checkpoints : Emerson Arena, Ridgeville Community Hall, Senkiw Suspension Bridge, St. Malo Arena, St-Pierre-Jolys Sugar Shack, Crystal Springs Hutterite Colony, Niverville Arena and St. Adolphe Curling Club. All participants should be through the last checkpoint at The Forks by Sunday February 18th at 9 :00 a.m. Those interested can also follow the race via Actif Epica`s web site www.actifepi.ca or social media @actifepica.
Actif Epica has been listed as one of Canadian Cycling Magazine’s 10 Big Rides in Canada, and is a partner with Tuscobia Winter Ultra and Arrowhead Ultra135 in a triple crown event known as “The Order of the Hrimthurs.” Since 2017, the 162km run and 200km bike distances are qualifiers for the Iditarod Trail Invitational. (The one Canadian qualifier among only eight in the world!) Participants have come from all over western Canada, several U.S. states and as far away as Brazil and India!
The Crow Wing Trail is the longest completed section of the Trans Canada Trail in Manitoba at 193 km and closely follows the historical ox-cart route used in the 1800`s from St. Paul, Minnesota to Fort Garry (Winnipeg). The Trans Canada Trail promotes non-motorized recreational activities.
- Actif Epica’s Guide for This Weekend February 16, 2018
- Media Release: Actif Epica 2018 February 9, 2018
- New Board Members Inspire Innovation January 11, 2018
- Actif Epica 2018 February 16,17.18 January 11, 2018
- The Great Trail Tour September 15, 2017
- Celebrate the Trans Canada Trail on the Crow Wing Trail! August 22, 2017
- Crow Wing Trail AGM Report – correction May 12, 2017
- 2017 Annual Meeting Info May 11, 2017
- Ridgeville Trail Ride – June 3rd May 11, 2017
- Crow Wing Trail’s 17th Annual Meeting April 5, 2017